Quarterly Report, 2017 Q4
You're Making an Impact!
Thank you to everyone who participated in our matching gift challenge! We met 100% of our $100,000 goal! Thanks to your generosity, we were able to meet all our needs in 2017. In 2017, you helped us:
- Help recovering addicts and former inmates find purpose in work by creating 7 studies for a curriculum for Teen Challenge
- Serve 1.7 million readers through our free online Bible commentary, articles and more
- Provide 32 free small group studies helping people connect with God and each other about work-related concerns, including ambition, conflict, and work-life balance
- Create 19 new devotional reading plans (available on the YouVersion Bible App), including plans for kids and parents
- Partner with organizations like Made to Flourish, Oikonomia Network, preachingandworship.org, and more, to equip hundreds of pastors and dozens of seminaries to help people connect to God’s purposes for their work
Thank you for being a part of this movement of God in the world of work. We ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers and charitable giving in 2018 as we continue to equip Christians to connect to God's purposes for work.
Kids and Chores
Getting kids to do chores is enough to test any parent’s faith. If you’re fighting with your child over mess, then this plan is for both of you. Each day starts with a kid-friendly story of a parent and child chore negotiation. Read it with your son or daughter to learn biblical ways to approach the subject of chores together. Start reading for free now or see our full series of plans for kids and parents here.
When People Fail You At Work
You’ve put in your all, only to see a project fail because of others. It’s tempting to blame them and turn your back completely. But that won’t help you succeed, and it can hurt you spiritually. The book of Nehemiah offers a way to move forward when other people fail you. This plan contains practical suggestions and spiritual encouragement so you can keep working with excellence in spite of failure. Start reading for free now.
Tension at Work
The tensions that arise between people at work can break important relationships, hurt your career, and ruin your ability to share your Christian faith with coworkers. This plan uses Esther’s example to teach you a healthy approach to addressing workplace conflict and even turn it into an influence booster. Start reading for free now.
New Korean Translation of the Theology of Work Bible Commentary
Our partners at Grace and Mercy have just released a new translation of the Theology of Work Bible Commentary in Korean! We’re thankful for their ongoing work. The updated translation is available in print (for purchase) or online for free at www.theologyofwork.or.kr/