By TOW Project Steering Committee Member and co-Chair, Andy Mills
After more than 5 years working on the TOW Project's materials, Andy Mills developed the following perspective on what the Bible says about work. Although not an official resource of the Theology of Work Project, it is an example of how anyone can begin drawing larger conclusions based on the many resources developed by the TOW Project.
For a printable/downloadable version click here.
How Should We Work As Christians?
- God created all things, and even though creation has become fallen, God will restore it to perfection.
- Our work in every sphere matters to God now and eternally.
- God calls people to every kind of legitimate work and gives us skills and talents to fulfill the work.
- We are responsible for the quality, character and ethics of our work and for our faithfulness to God.
- We are meant to work yoked to Christ, following his morals, treating others fairly, and loving all people.
- Our work should be centered on service to others, no matter what our work or role is.
- God invites us into a deliberate pattern of regular rest, for both restoration and relationship with Christ.
- We should allow God to direct the use of all he has provided, including talents, time, money and influence.
- We need relationships with other followers of Christ, through the church, for support and accountability.