Video Interview with Guy KawasakiVideo / Produced by The High Calling
A couple of weeks ago, I talked to Guy Kawasaki about his latest book, Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions. Guy is a former Chief Evangelist for Apple, the founder of Alltop and a co-founder of Garage Technology Ventures.
- Why a book on enchantment? What compelled you to write this book?
- Guy shares a powertip for Enchantment: checklists...
- What is on Guy Kawasaki's checklist for the day? (You might be surprised!)
- As a venture capitalist, what's one of the best pitches you've ever heard?
- What are your passions?
- Tell us about Zappos and how they work so well as a fluent company?
- How do we help people who are resistant to change?
- How do you integrate your faith and work?
Enjoy the full 12 minute interview or scroll down to go directly to Guy Kawasaki's two minute response about integrating his faith and his work!A 12-Minute Video Interview with Guy Kawasaki: On Enchantment, Persuasion, Work, and Faith
Guy Kawasaki: "I am a Christ follower. ...there are various kinds, like there's the really evangelical kind, who go out and sign people up? I don't do that. I can't tell you that I go to Africa and help poor people in Africa.
...I like to be seen as an example of someone in business who can operate at a very ethical level without having to do bad things, who believes in Christ. I don't make a big deal of it. I don't try to hold myself up as this role model that everybody should aspire to because I think that is such a slippery slope.
When you start believing that you are a role model... that is how you get people who go off the deep end. I don't want to do that.
I just want to be this silent example.