Biddings and Blessings from the Methodist Church in the Caribbean and the Americas (Prayer)
1) Go forth into the world in peace, be of good courage, hold fast to that which is good, render to no-one evil for evil, strengthen the faint-hearted, help the afflicted, honour all persons, rejoicing in the power of the Holy Spirit.
And the blessing of Almighty God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, be with you always. Amen.
2) O God our Father, whose blessed Son came not to be served but to serve: give us grace to follow his example and unite us in the service of your Kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
3) Almighty God, who has given you the will, also grant you the strength to complete the work which he has begun in you, to the honour and glory of his name.
And the blessing….
4) Make all our words fit for your hearing
Make all our deeds acceptable in your sight
Sanctify all our thoughts and desires
And grant that, being pure in heart, we may see you; through Jesus Christ, your Son, who lived and died that we might have life. Amen.
5) O God, our Father, in Jesus Christ your Son you have called us to true discipleship and service.
Help us to be always watchful of our attitudes, so that when Christ comes in glory to receive us we may be prepared to enter with him into his Kingdom.
Help us to be faithful in all our relationships and diligent in all our work, so that we can be trusted to be and to do what you expect of us.
Help us to be peacemakers wherever we are, so that as we strive for truth and justice we may do so with humility as children of your Kingdom.
Help us to be so Christ-like on earth, that finally we may reign with Christ in heaven. Amen.
6) O God, since without you we are unable to please you; mercifully grant that your Holy Spirit may in all things direct and rule our hearts; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
From the Prayer Book of the Methodist Church in the Caribbean and the Americas, c. The Methodist Publishing House