Forgive Us When Like Spoiled Children We Treat Your Generosity as Our Right (Prayer)Prayer / Produced by partner of TOW
God, you heap your love upon us
like a mother providing for her family's needs,
embracing her child with tenderness.
when, like spoiled children,
we treat your generosity as our right,
or hug it possessively to ourselves.
Give us enough trust to live secure in your love
and to share it freely with others
in open-handed confidence
that your grace will never run out. Amen.
Table of Contents
- Opening Prayers About Work
- Thanksgiving Prayers About Work
- Confessions About Work
- Forgive Us When Like Spoiled Children We Treat Your Generosity as Our Right (Prayer)
- Creeds About Work
- Offertory Prayers About Work
- Intercessions About Work
- For the Potential You Have Given Us and the Possibilities That Lies Before Us, We Thank You (Prayer)
- Closing Prayers About Work
Excerpted from “Work in Worship (Revised edition 1997): A collection of material for those compiling ‘work theme’ services. Compiled and edited by David Welbourn, Industrial Christian Fellowship. Used by permission. The Theology of Work Project does not control copyright for this material.