We Thank You, Father, That You Have Called Us Together to Build the City of God (Prayer)Prayer / Produced by partner of TOW
We thank you, Father, that you have called us together
to build the city of God.
Grant us a vision of your world as it might be:
a world of justice, fellowship and peace,
founded not on force but on love.
Lord, hear the prayer of our hearts
as we pledge our time and our energy and our thought
to make this world what you intend it to be. Amen.
(From ‘Companion to the Lectionary, Volume 3’, c. Neil Dixon, Epworth 1983)
Table of Contents
- Opening Prayers About Work
- Thanksgiving Prayers About Work
- Confessions About Work
- Creeds About Work
- Offertory Prayers About Work
- Intercessions About Work
- For the Potential You Have Given Us and the Possibilities That Lies Before Us, We Thank You (Prayer)
- Closing Prayers About Work
- We Thank You, Father, That You Have Called Us Together to Build the City of God (Prayer)
Excerpted from “Work in Worship (Revised edition 1997): A collection of material for those compiling ‘work theme’ services. Compiled and edited by David Welbourn, Industrial Christian Fellowship. Used by permission. The Theology of Work Project does not control copyright for this material.