We Believe That People Are Born to Lead Fulfilling, Creative and Productive Lives (Prayer)Prayer / Produced by partner of TOW
STATEMENT OF BELIEF
(To be said together or alternately by different groups)
in a God of justice,
tender to the poor and oppressed
who hears their cries;
creating, loving, redeeming
in the Son of God,
He suffered and died,
because he challenged and upset
the powers of his day.
in the Spirit of God,
the Spirit who gives life and joy,
who moves us, touches us
and keeps us going.
that people are born
to lead fulfilling, creative
and productive lives.
We believe that unemployment
and frustrating work
are a denial of God's image in us.
that we have to search for the truth,
be brave enough to proclaim it,
and realise that we need each other
to build community.
Table of Contents
- Opening Prayers About Work
- Thanksgiving Prayers About Work
- Confessions About Work
- Creeds About Work
- We Believe That People Are Born to Lead Fulfilling, Creative and Productive Lives (Prayer)
- Offertory Prayers About Work
- Intercessions About Work
- For the Potential You Have Given Us and the Possibilities That Lies Before Us, We Thank You (Prayer)
- Closing Prayers About Work
Image by kburnett91 / Pixabay . Used with Permission.
Excerpted from “Work in Worship (Revised edition 1997): A collection of material for those compiling ‘work theme’ services. Compiled and edited by David Welbourn, Industrial Christian Fellowship. Used by permission. The Theology of Work Project does not control copyright for this material.